To meet the informational, educational, recreational and cultural reading and viewing needs and expectations of all citizens and population groups in the community, using a wide array of library formats and materials and a trained and dedicated staff.
Library System Information FY14-15
The Clearwater Public Library System provides a variety of services, collections and programs to meet the needs of Clearwater's 109,000 residents. Over 74,000 Clearwater residents have a library card; 28,961 Clearwater residents used their library card last year. A member of the Pinellas Public Library Cooperative, together we serve over 134,000 registered Pinellas County resident and tourist cardholders. We are community centers open to the public 204 hours a week. The Library's five branches were staffed by 74.4 FTE on a $6.07 million budget.
Last year, librarians and library staff:
- presented over 1,000 programs for over 16,000 adults and children
- welcomed 636,000 visitors through our doors
- maintained a collection of over 580,000 books, movies, cds, audiobooks and other materials
- circulated over 750,000 physical items and over 15,000 eBooks, eMagazines and mp3 downloads
- answered over 60,000 reference questions
- provided over 740 hours of technology assistance
- offered the public over 130,000 Internet sessions
- responded to 1,303 patron e-mails
|Main||1916 (NEW 2004)||90,000 ft²||254,846||21,873||55,064|
|Countryside||1988 (NEW 2015)||22,500 ft²||209,165||23,660||21,508|
|North Greenwood||1961 (NEW 2003)||8,100 ft²||34,895||2,520||26,233|
|Beach||1950 (NEW 2008)||1,700 ft²||15,120||1,352||3,483|