How Do I Apply?
Our application process is simple. Please fill out the Volunteer Application and either:
- Drop it off at a Clearwater Public Library System branch
- Fax or mail to our volunteer coordinator:
- Karen Maldonado
Clearwater Library Foundation
100 N. Osceola Ave
Clearwater, FL 33755
Phone: (727) 562-4970 ext.5037
Fax: (727) 562-4976
- Karen Maldonado
Applicants must be 18 years old for most volunteer positions. For teen volunteer opportunities, click here.
- Volunteers are needed!
- Volunteers will work in pleasant surroundings.
- Volunteers learn more about the library and what it has to offer.
- Volunteering enhances job skills and provides work experience that can be added to your resume.
- Volunteers have a chance to meet new people, learn new skills and have fun.
- Volunteers enjoy the appreciation of staff and patrons.
What Can I Do?
Volunteers generally provide support services to staff or work on special projects with staff. Positions are designed to match volunteers' skills, interests and schedule.
Assignments may change and openings may vary; however, the time commitment required for most positions is 3 hours per week.
Volunteer Opportunities Include
- Information Desk Attendant/Greeter
- Local History Assistant
- Popular Material Assistant
- Program Assistant
- New Material Assistant
- Mending and Repair Assistant
- Computer Class Assistant
- Short Term Project Specialist
- Teen Opportunities
- Other City Volunteer Opportunities
Call our Volunteer Coordinator for information about current opportunities.
We have a great need for those with computer skills and Spanish speakers.
About Our Volunteer Program
CPLS welcomes and encourages members of the community to contribute their time, talents, and knowledge to become one of our many valued volunteers. Our volunteer program helps us provide the best possible service to the public by enriching and expanding library services.
We encourage volunteer participation at all the library branches. Volunteers are retirees, professionals, homemakers, students, part-time residents and men and women of all backgrounds who live in surrounding communities. The volunteer program, through the dedication and commitment of our volunteers, allows the library to meet the challenges and needs of our large population of library users.
Volunteer Program Mission Statement
To assist with and improve the services and programs available at the Clearwater Public Library System by recruiting, training, retaining and recognizing volunteers from the local community while providing a satisfying service experience for our volunteers.