The Clearwater Public Library System is proud to present Career Online High School (COHS), a program which offers adults (19 and older) the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online. This program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry, and continue their education. Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment, a prerequisite course, and an in-person interview will be considered for enrollment.
Core classes include English, Math, Social Studies, and Science.
In addition, successful students earn a career certificate in one of the following high-growth, high-demand fields by developing the skills and knowledge employers are looking for:
- Certified Protection Officer
- Child Care & Education (CDA)
- Certified Transportation Services
- Food and Customer Service Skills
- General Career Preparation/Professional Skills
- Homeland Security
- Office Management
- Retail Customer Service Skills
To be eligible, you must be:
- age 19 or older;
- a PPLC library cardholder in good standing or willing and able to apply for a PPLC library card;
- a Pinellas County resident;
It is recommended that participants have attended at least the ninth grade.
Wondering if the program is right for you? Check out frequently asked questions to learn more or contact the library via email at CareerOnlineHighSchool@myclearwater.com.