COVID-19 Limited Services: The Discovery Studio is currently CLOSED in order to best adhere to federal, state, and local health guidelines.
School-aged children can play and experiment at the Discovery Studio of Creative Learning
The Discovery Studio has stations focusing on science, technology and engineering, art, and math. There are many gadgets, games, and crafts to tinker with and enjoy.
COVID-19 Limited Services: The Discovery Studio is currently CLOSED to adhere to federal, state, and local health guidelines. The normal operating hours listed below will resume at a later date.
|Monday||10:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Tuesday and Wednesday||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Friday, Saturday, and Sunday||12:00 NOON - 4:30 PM|
Equipment & Supplies
The Discovery Studio offers many different arts and craft supplies, gadgets, toys, games, and kits for experimenting and playing. Below are some highlights of what's available.
- Built-in 5MP digital camera captures and saves high-resolution images of your specimens.
- 4x to 160x magnification using LCD screen.
- Snap Circuits® makes learning electronics easy and fun!
- Build exciting projects such as AM radios; burglar alarms; doorbells and much more!
littleBits Gizmos & Gadgets
- littleBits are small circuit boards with specific functions built to snap .together with magnets without soldering, wiring, or programming.
- Gizmos & Gadgets Kit comes with 15 electronic building blocks, detailed instructions for 12 projects, and all the accessories and tools you need to experiment.
- Motors, wheels, lights, switches, servos, buzzers, even the tools to build a remote control.
Ozobot 2.0 Bit Dual
- Learn to code with colors! Draw OzoCode color codes on paper or a tablet. and Bit uses optical sensors to respond—spinning, speeding up and more at your command.
- Explore OzoCode games and activities online or in the Ozobot app.
Build Lego® creations and share them on the Lego® Wall in the Discovery Studio. The only limit is your imagination (and the number of blocks).
The activities in the Studio are intended to promote interest in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) subjects. The Studio encourages independent exploration and cooperative play.
- Intended for ages 7-12 (tweens).
- All Discovery Studio materials must stay in the Discovery Studio.
- Most materials will be available at all times.
- Other materials will need to be checked out at the Children's Desk.
Using the Discovery Studio: The Rules
- Respect others who are working.
- Share materials with others.
- Use tools and materials safely.
- Clean up when you are finished.
- Please snack outside of the Discovery Studio.
- All Discovery Studio materials must stay in the Studio.
- Most materials will be available at all times. Other materials will need to be checked out at the Children's Desk.
- Materials are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Participation in Maker Studio programs may be restricted by age, skill level, and equipment limitations; registration may be required for such programs.
- Please arrive on time to registration-required programs. Late arrivals may be restricted from participating and registered spots may be given to someone on the waiting list.
- Repeated late arrivals and a repeated failure to notify staff of cancellation in advance may result in a restriction from participating in future programs.