Produce, edit, and publish video, audio and photographic works at the Multimedia Studio
Beginners and experts alike will find the tools they need for photography, video and audio projects at the Multimedia Studio. Access the Studio -- for free -- to use professional quality equipment and software for your business or just for fun!
|Monday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday and Wednesday||10:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday, Saturday, and Sunday||12:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
Equipment is available during drop-in sessions and on a limited basis when the Innovation Studio is not being used for a program, class, or by staff.
Computers and Peripherals
The iMac is available for multimedia post-production (e.g. video editing, audio production, photo editing, etc.).
- OS 10.13 “High Sierra” & Windows 10 Home
- 2.9 GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 | 8 GB RAM
- 21.5” display | 1920-by-1080 resolution
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m
- SDXC card slot, Four USB 3 ports, Two Thunderbolt ports
Two additional iMacs are available in the Innovation Studio for post-production.
Video Production & Photography
Panasonic HD Camcorder
- Model: Panasonic AG-AC90A
- Records in HD/SD Multi-Formats, including: 1080/60p, 60i, 30p, 24p, 480/60i
- 2 channel XLR audio inputs (MIC/LINE/+48V selectable)
- 5.1 surround sound or two-channel stereo capture
- Adjustable white balance
- Fluid head tripod
- Includes tripod and cable
Canon EOS 70D DSLR Camera
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF System
- RGB+IR 7560-Pixel Metering Sensor
- NOTE: Only available upon special request. Notice must be given when making your reservation, ahead of time, to use.
- Soft box fluorescent lights w/ tripod (3)
- Barn door LED light w/tripod (1)
- Mini LED lights (2)
Backdrops & Reflectors
- Green Screen, 9’x15’
- Collapsible Backdrops, 5’x7’
- White/Black, Green/Blue,Brick/Brown, Cloudy Sky/Bleached Wood
- Large reflector, 10’x10’ (1)
- Backdrop support stand, 10.5’x12.5’ max
- Vinyl Backdrops, 47”x80” (9)
- White, Grey, Brown, Blue, Red, Pink, Orange, Green, Black
- Large reflector, 10’x10’ (1)
- Small reflectors, 2’x3' (5)
Polaroid Small Object Studio Tent
- 2x Daylight LED Lights, 120 VAC
- 4x Colored Backdrops
- 1x Tripod Stand with Folding Base
- Tent: 20 x 20"
Audio Recording & Production
Blue Yeti Pro condenser microphone
- Three custom condenser capsules and four different polar pattern settings: Cardioid, Stereo, Bidirectional and Omnidirectional
- Built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, mute and microphone gain
Pop filter and sound isolation shield
Focusrite 2i4 audio interface
- Second generation 2 in / 4 out USB 2.0 Audio interface
- Two Scarlett Mic/Instrument preamplifiers
- NOTE: Please connect your headphones into the audio interface, rather than the iMac, when using the equipment for multimedia production.
Arturia MiniLab Mk II - Portable USB-MIDI Controller
- 25 semi weighted keys with velocity and after touch
- Controls: 2 clickable encoders, 6 transport switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel, two banks of 10 encoders, 9 sliders and 10 assignable switches
- Connectors : MIDI in and out, USB, Sustain pedal, Expression pedal, Aux footswitch, Breath controller inputs. High quality aluminum and wooden chassis construction. 32 digit LCD screen
Nektar Impact LX49 Keyboard
- Velocity-sensitive, synth-action keyboard
- Keyboard: 4 velocity curves + 3 fixed, pitch bend and modulation wheels, octave shift buttons, transpose shift buttons
- Controls: 8 potentiometers, 9 30mm faders, 9 assignable buttons, 6 dedicated transport buttons, 5 preset locations store control settings
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive pads; each pad LED illuminated with 4 color options: green, yellow, orange and red; 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- Connections: 1/4” TS jack foot switch input (MIDI Assignable); USB port on rear panel and USB bus powered
Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
There are more than twenty (20) different apps for digital creation offered by the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Below are some highlights:
- Photoshop (Ps): Image editing and compositing
- Illustrator (Ai): Vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign (Id): Page design and layout for print and digital publishing
- Premiere Pro (Pr): Video Production and editing
- Audition (Au): Audio recording, mixing, and restoration
- After Effects (Ae): Cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Lightroom (Lr): Digital photo processing and editing
- Project Felix (Fe): Easy 2-D and 3-D compositing for photo-realistic images
Photo Key 8 Pro
PhotoKey 8 Pro makes green screen photography simple and easy enough for beginners. Just take a photo, import into PhotoKey 8 Pro, import or select a background, adjust and export a composite.
- Compatible with TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP and RAW files
- Batch composite images with a single or multiple backgrounds
- Click here to learn more about PhotoKey 8 Pro
Audio Production Software
The Multimedia Studio offers a selection of professional software for use in digital recording: including synthesizers, multitrack recording, audio workstations and instrument libraries.
REAPER Digital Audio Workstation
REAPER Digital Audio Workstation
- REAPER is a complete digital audio production offering a full multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering toolset
- Compose and edit MIDI as musical notation, or view and edit recorded MIDI
- Click here for more detailed information about REAPER
- A sample-based drum software synthesizer and production suite
- Drag and drop drum parts to build your own track directly in the program – or let EZdrummer 2 do it for you
- Click here for more detailed information about EZdrummer 2
Analog Lab 2
- Access to over 5000 of the best designer sounds from the 17 authentic legendary keyboards
- Automatic mapping of parameters for Arturia keyboards
- Click here for more detailed information about Analog Lab 2
UVI Synth Anthology 2
- Massive collection of expertly programmed vintage and modern hardware synth sounds
- 77 hardware synths, 2,500 presets and 20,000 samples
- Click here for more detailed information about UVI Synth
- Guitar processor with vintage and contemporary amps from Fender®, Marshall®, Mesa/Boogie®, Vox® and more
- Over 30 Amps, 30 Cabs, and 25 Stomps
- Click here for more detailed information about GTR3
- Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Studio.
- Studios must be left clean and in the same condition as they were prior to use.
- The library cannot provide one-on-one production or recording assistance.
- Proficiency in using computers, software and recording devices is required.
- Software and equipment problems/issues must be reported to staff immediately.
- Occupancy must not exceed four (4) people.
Using Studio Equipment & Computer
- Files must be saved or exported before the end of the Studio session. It’s recommended to save frequently.
- Users must bring their own large-capacity storage drives, SD cards, etc. to save their work.
- All files saved to the library’s computers will be erased after each session upon restarting the computer.
- Users must bring their own headphones for working with sound, this includes audio for video.
- The computer’s own speakers must be muted.
- Equipment will be inspected as per checklist before and after each session.
Audio Recording in the Studio
- The Studio is designed for virtual and electronic (line) instruments.
- The Studio is not intended for singing and acoustic instrument recording.
- At the discretion of Studio staff accommodations for acoustic recording may be considered.
- Microphones are provided for recording voice-over and dialogue.
- A 15-minute orientation is required for first-time users.
- Patrons may reserve time during library’s established Studio operating hours.
- Please include any special requests for equipment or setup when making your reservation. Not all requests can be accommodated. Staff may refuse any request.
- Studio sessions are 2 hours in length.
- Sessions include any setup, production and take down time.
- Sessions may be extended if no other reservation exists and upon the approval of staff.
- Patrons may reserve Studio session time online or by contacting library staff:
- Reserve online
- Call: (727) 562-4970
- Studio sessions may be reserved up to two months in advance or on a walk-up basis, if available.
- Patrons must arrive within 15 minutes after a reservation’s start time. After 15 minutes, the reservation will be canceled.
- Reservation times will not be extended for late arrivals.
- Patrons will be required to present photo id (e.g. driver’s license, passport, school ) which will be held by staff for the duration of their session.