Explore technology, practice your computer skills, and conduct presentations and workshops at the Countryside Maker Studio
The Studio@Countryside is located in the lobby of the Countryside Library. All the equipment in the Studio is available upon reservation.
|Monday - Thursday||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday - Sunday||12:00 NOON - 4:00 PM|
Computers and equipment are available during classes and when you reserve the Studio. Please note any specific equipment you want to use during your reservation.
Computers and Peripherals
Four (4) iMacs are available for multimedia post-production (e.g. video editing, audio production, photo editing, etc.).
- OS 10.13 “High Sierra”
- 2.9 GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 | 8 GB RAM
- 21.5” display | 1920-by-1080 resolution
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m
- SDXC card slot, Four USB 3 ports, Two Thunderbolt ports
HP ZBook 15 G2 Laptops
Four (4) Windows laptop computers are available for multimedia post-production (e.g. video editing, audio production, photo editing, etc.).
- (2) Windows 10, (2) Windows 7
- 2.70 GHz Intel Quad-Core i5 | 8 GB RAM
- 15.6” display | 1920-by-1080 resolution
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro K610M
- SD card slot, TwoUSB 3 ports, One Thunderbolt port
Display for Presentations
60" HD Television / Display
- Connect your laptop, or one of the Studio's laptops, to the display.
- HDMI and VGA cable input connections
The Countryside Maker Studio includes a limited selection of digitization equipment for preserving your history. For more digitization equipment, visit the Heritage Studio at the Main Library.
Photo & Document Batch Scanner
Scan up to 30 printed photographs or documents in batches.
- Model: Epson FastFoto FF-640
- Scanning Resolution: 600 dpi
- Scan single or double-sided.
- Paper size Minimum: 2" x 2"; Maximum: 8.5" x 120"
Digital Voice Recorder
Record your family history or a quick voiceover track with this digital voice recorder.
- Model: H2n Handy Recorder
- Record audio in two different basic file types: WAV and MP3
- Send and receive digital data and to act as a 2-input / 2-output audio interface.
- Learn More
Adobe Creative Cloud Apps
There are more than twenty (20) different apps for digital creation offered by the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Below are some highlights:
- Photoshop (Ps): Image editing and compositing
- Illustrator (Ai): Vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign (Id): Page design and layout for print and digital publishing
- Premiere Pro (Pr): Video Production and editing
- Audition (Au): Audio recording, mixing, and restoration
- After Effects (Ae): Cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Lightroom (Lr): Digital photo processing and editing
- Project Felix (Fe): Easy 2-D and 3-D compositing for photo-realistic images
Microsoft Office Suite 2013
Popular productivity applications from Microsoft, including Access, Publisher, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Infopath, and OneNote.
- The Studio is intended for patrons to utilize the technology housed in the room.
- Users under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Studio.
- Studios must be left clean and in the same condition as they were prior to use.
- The library cannot provide one-on-one production or recording assistance.
- Proficiency in using computers, software, and recording devices is required.
- Software and equipment problems/issues must be reported to staff immediately.
- Occupancy must not exceed ten (10) people.
Using Studio Equipment
- Files must be saved or exported before the end of the Studio session. It’s recommended to save frequently.
- Users must bring their own large-capacity storage drives, SD cards, etc. to save their work.
- All files saved to the library’s computers will be erased after each session upon restarting the computer.
- Users must bring their own headphones for working with sound, this includes audio for video.
- The computer’s own speakers must be muted.
- Equipment will be inspected as per checklist before and after each session.
- A 15-minute orientation is required for first-time users.
- Patrons may reserve time during library’s established Studio operating hours.
- Studio sessions are 2 hours in length.
- Sessions include any setup, production, and take down time.
- Sessions may be extended if no other reservation exists and upon the approval of staff.
- Patrons may reserve Studio session time online or by contacting library staff:
- Reserve online
- Call: 727-562-4970
- Studio sessions may be reserved up to three months in advance.
- Patrons must arrive within 15 minutes after a reservation’s start time. After 15 minutes, the reservation will be canceled.
- Reservation times will not be extended for late arrivals.
- Patrons will be required to present photo id (e.g. driver’s license, passport, school id) which will be held by staff for the duration of their session.