The Clearwater Main Library has microfilm copies of the Clearwater Sun (January 1925-May 1989) and the St. Petersburg Times (now Tampa Bay Times) (1970-present).
Use this form to request an obituary published in either newspaper. Please provide as much information as you have available.
You can expect a response by e-mail with the results of our research within 28 days. There is no charge for this service, but you are welcome to make a donation to the Friends of the Clearwater Public Library and/or the Clearwater Library Foundation, should you wish.
- Research requests are limited to three per year per person or entity.
- We cannot research without a date of death and we will only search the paper for the week following that date.
- Sometimes the information you are seeking may not have been published in the newspaper.
- Obituaries published in the St. Petersburg Times prior to 1970 are available from the St. Petersburg Public Library System.
- Our Genealogy Guide has additional research options and advice.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, please visit us in person at one of our locations or contact us by phone.