Want to Volunteer?
Interested in becoming a TEEN VOLUNTEER for the Clearwater Public Library System? You've come to the right place! Earn hours for school, scholarships or volunteer just for fun. Our teen volunteer program is open to young people in grades 6 through 12.
Step 1: Fill Out the Volunteer Paperwork
- Print and fill out the Five Necessary Forms.
Step 2: Visit a Notary
- Take the Affidavit of Good Moral Character to a notary. Local banks and office supply stores typically have a notary on staff.
Step 3: Return All Five Documents
- CPLS Check List. This list will keep you organized.
- CPLS Volunteer Application signed by your parent or guardian
- CPLS Photo Release Form signed by your parent or guardian
- Background Check Form
- Notarized Affidavit of Good Moral Character. You must have this document notarized. State regulation requires anyone working or volunteering with children fills out this DCF form.
You can drop the documents off in person at the CPLS branch where you are applying or mail them to:
Clearwater Public Library System
Attn: Mercedes Bleattler
100 N. Osceola Ave
Clearwater, FL 33755
Step 5: Processing
Once we receive all your paperwork, we run a final background check. This process will take one to two weeks. We'll contact you by telephone as soon as you are accepted or if there are any problems with your paperwork.
If you are completing Service Learning Hours for educational purposes it is your responsibility to make sure that your guidance counselor or school representative has approved your volunteer assignment. It is also your responsibility to make sure that all paperwork involved is properly tracked, signed, and submitted. If you need assistance, please see either your school representative or the Volunteer Coordinator. (Bright Futures has very strict guidelines. Make sure you check with your school before beginning hours for this scholarship.)
Need help finding something? E-mail a Clearwater Librarian with your questions.