What is the Memvelope service?
The Memvelope, or memory envelope, is a no cost drop-off digital conversion service offered by the Clearwater Public Library System. Pinellas County residents can pick up a Memvelope at any Clearwater library during open hours, fill it with a variety of items, drop it off for library staff to digitize, and pick up the completed digital files and originals at a later date.
The Heritage Studio at the Main Library offers patrons the option to reserve time to digitize a variety of items at self-service stations. The Memvelope provides greater flexibility to those who cannot spend time in the Heritage Studio.
- Users must be at least 18 years old.
- Users must complete a Temporary Loan Agreement(PDF, 101KB) form whenever dropping off items.
- Users are limited to one (1) drop-off per month and four (4) drop-offs per calendar year.
- All drop-off items must fit within a 12” x 15.5” envelope provided by the Library.
- Vinyl records that do not fit in the envelope must have the Owner’s full name clearly marked.
- There is a limit of four (4) video cassettes of any format per drop-off.
- Users must provide storage media along with their items.
- USB flash drives or SD cards are recommended.
- At least 8GB of storage is recommended. Note: 1 hour of video is stored as 1GB.
- Staff will complete digitization within 28 days after drop-off.
- If more time is expected, the user will be contacted by staff.
- Staff will not edit, retouch, or otherwise alter digitized item files.
- Items must be picked up within 30 days after Library staff provide notice that digitization is complete.
Review the Memvelope Temporary Loan Agreement(PDF, 101KB) .