About Our Adult Volunteer Program
The library is not taking new applications at the moment.
CPLS welcomes and encourages members of the community to contribute their time, talents, and knowledge to become one of our many valued volunteers. Our volunteer program helps us provide the best possible service to the public by enriching and expanding library services.
We encourage volunteer participation at all the library branches. Volunteers are retirees, professionals, homemakers, students, part-time residents, and men and women of all backgrounds who live in surrounding communities. The volunteer program, through the dedication and commitment of our volunteers, allows the library to meet the challenges and needs of our large population of library users.
- Volunteers make a difference!
- Volunteers work in pleasant surroundings.
- Volunteers learn more about the library and what it has to offer.
- Volunteering enhances job skills and provides work experience that can be added to your resume.
- Volunteers have a chance to meet new people, learn new skills, and have fun.
- Volunteers enjoy the appreciation of staff and patrons.
What Can I Do?
Volunteers generally provide support services to staff or work on special projects with staff. Positions are designed to match volunteers' skills, interests, and schedule.
Assignments may change and openings may vary; however, the time commitment required for most positions is 1-3 hours per week.